Meet the Doctors
Dr. Choi has continued education and
Dr. Joseph Nam, DMD
After receiving Doctor of Dental Medicine degree from the University of Pennsylvania, Dr. Nam completed extensive training through multiple hospitals. He graduated first in his class with his research and received his Pediatric Dentistry specialty training from St. Barnabas Hospital, Bronx, NY. He is trained in oral sedation, IV sedation, general anesthesia, interceptive orthodontics, and treating patients with special needs. Dr. Joseph was born in Seoul, South Korea and raised in Chicago, Illinois. He completed his B.S. in specialized chemistry at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, where he developed his interest in basic science research. Dr. Joseph has always sought extracurricular activities to help others which defined his focus of research. As a researcher, he studied the heart development and neuronal innervation at National Institutes of Health (NIH), where he published multiple scientific articles and received the IRTA award. He changed his career path and earned a dental degree from the University of Pennsylvania, School of Dental Medicine, where he learned dentistry in depth. This education has become the source of knowledge and strength on this journey through pediatric patient care. After earning his dental degree, he completed a General Practice Residency at Brookdale Hospital, Brooklyn, followed by specialty training for Pediatric Dentistry.
Education and training
- Dental School -
Universityof Pennsylvania, Doctor of Dental Medicine
- The Brookdale University Hospital and Medical Center, Residency in General Practice
- American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry
Awards and publications
- Coronary veins determine the pattern of sympathetic innervation in the developing heart. Nam J, Onitsuka I, Hatch J, Uchida Y, Ray S, Huang S, Li W, Zang H, Ruiz- Lozano P, Mukoyama YS
- Joseph Nam has completed research fellowship (Post-baccalaureate Intramural Research Training Award (IRTA) from National Institutes of Health.
- Rbfox3-regulated alternative splicing of Numb promotes neuronal differentiation during development. Kim KK, Nam J, Mukoyama YS, Kawamoto
- Whole-mount confocal microscopy for vascular branching morphogenesis. Mukouyama YS, James J, Nam J, Uchida Y.